ADJECTIVE CLAUSES 1
Read the two sentences and then complete each adjective clause with the correct word(s).
1. We found that man's wallet. He lives in Melbourne.
The man __________________ wallet we found lives in Melbourne.
2. We plan to climb that mountain. It isn't too steep.
The mountain __________________ we plan to climb isn't too steep.
3. Peter sold his car to Hannah. Someone stole the car the following week.
The car __________________ Peter had sold to Hannah was stolen the following week.
4. The girl is good at maths. She wants to become an engineer.
The girl __________________ is good at maths wants to become an engineer.
5. The children were playing loudly. They were being scolded by their parents.
The children __________________ were playing loudly were being scolded by their parents.
6. I just bought that singer's new album. She's going to be on TV tomorrow.
The singer __________________ new album I just bought is going to be on TV tomorrow.
7. He was reading a book. It was boring.
The book __________________ he was reading was boring.
8. The teacher praised the essay. It was my brother's essay.
The person __________________ essay the teacher praised was my brother.
9. The book was written by my sister. It won a literary award.
The book __________________ was written by my sister won a literary award.
10. That man found my phone. He is very handsome.
The man __________________ found my phone is very handsome.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
Looking for high-quality, affordable resources for learning or teaching English? Check out our
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.au
(a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com) unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.