SIMPLE PRESENT OR PRESENT CONTINUOUS? 1
Choose the best, most natural-sounding response.
1. Robert always ________ his parents.
b. is helping
2. What are you doing? ________ to music?
a. Are you listening
b. Do you listen
Answer Are you listening
3. I ________ to Sydney tonight.
b. am going
Answer am going
4. What time ________ to work?
a. do you usually go
b. are you usually going
Answer do you usually go
5. The train never ________ on time.
a. is leaving
6. Patrick normally walks to work, but today ________ the bus.
a. he's taking
b. he takes
Answer he's taking
7. My daughter ________ a fever.
b. is having
8. I think I'm going to go home. I ________ fun here.
a. am not having
b. don't have
Answer I'm not having
9. My neighbour normally ________ to the radio in the morning.
b. is listening
10. Could you keep it down, please? I ________ to get some work done.
b. am trying
Answer am trying
11. Oliver usually ________ to the bottle shop on Friday.
b. is going
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES