THE THIRD CONDITIONAL 1
REMEMBER: The third conditional is used to talk about
situations in the
(things that were impossible, didn't happen, etc.) Choose the correct response to complete each sentence.
1. If my aunt hadn't rested, she _________ tired.
will have been
would have been
2. Mary _________ him if she had known about his financial problems.
would have helped
3. I would have gone with Robert if he _________ me.
would have asked
4. We ________ the kangaroo if Amelia hadn't pointed it out to us.
will not have noticed
would not have noticed
5. If they ________ that expensive car, they would have more money now.
wouldn't have bought
6. If I had known you lived in Brisbane now, I ________ you!
will have visited
would have visited
7. If you ________ at a service station, we would not have run out of petrol.
would have stopped
8. If I had known you were on holiday, I ________ you.
would not have called
have not called
9. If I ________ my cat, I would have been miserable.
wouldn't have adopted
10. We would have seen Russell if he ________ at the meeting.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
Looking for high-quality, affordable resources for learning or teaching English? Check out our
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.au
(a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com) unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.